E-mail this article to
yourself or a friend.
Enter address:


ASTA updates its grain handler database

(Sept 26, 2001 – CropChoice news) – The American Seed Trade Association has updated its database of grain handlers accepting transgenic corn that the U.S. government has approved but not the European Union. You can find the database at www.amseed.org

Once they’ve accessed the database, growers can type in a zip code and distance they want to travel to take their corn to market. The database will locate facilities in the area they’ve requested and their grain handling policies.

The United States retains 80 percent of its annual corn production for domestic use and exports the other 20 percent. For the 2001 crop season, about 95 percent of all U.S. corn has been accepted for export into all world markets.

For more information, contact: Angela Dansby of the American Seed Trade Association, 703-837-8140 ext. 331, or adansby@amseed.org/ /Web site: www.amseed.org

Source: American Seed Trade Association